Tuesday 8 November 2016

Progress With Modelling

After making progress with my first character, I decided to get cracking on my second. I thought it best to keep both models at the same level, instead of completing one and then going on to the next. This is because, I figured it was good practice, but also I knew I would get quite restless and bored just working on the same model.
Getting started on the modelling for this second character was much easier, because her clothing is not as loose as the clothing on the boy. This meant I was able to create the body mesh without having to worry about then modelling the clothing on top. I knew I would be able to simply create the thicker edges around the neck and the wrists to create the jumper, and the same for the jeans and shoes. 









What Problems Did I Encounter?

Through out the early stages of modelling I was fortunate enough to get through it quite smoothly. At this point, the only issue came across was the fact that Maya itself was running quite slowly, however I realised this may have been down to the actual computer I was using, so once I moved onto another, everything was fine. 

The physical build of this character is very different to the other, so this was something I had to get used to. I kept flipping between all of the different perspectives in Maya as a way of making sure I was staying on track in relation to the reference imagery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment