Wednesday 14 December 2016

Rigging and Binding

After the set back I had with the UV mapping, I began to worry about keeping to schedule. I have rigged characters before, however I was feeling very aware that it would take me a while to do. I have experience with it, but I will admit I am quite slow. After looking back over my work plan, and after being offered help from another student who is very experienced and much faster at working in Maya, I decided that accepting this offer would avoid the rigging process from dragging out for longer than necessary and would help to keep me on track, especially since I had yet to animate all tests both in 2D and 3D.



Did This Help?

Agreeing to take this help turned out to be a very good decision, as it meant these characters were able to be animated within a few days, where as if I had done it, it would have ended up taking at least a week.  The controllers were the same as the controllers I have made for previous characters, so it was good to have this familiarity. 

This change in events was a useful reminder that sometimes there are issues that come up that can't really be anticipated. However this has created another really useful aspect that I can discuss in my dissertation when I am on the topic of my practical and the limitations and problems I have encountered in one medium that I wouldn't necessarily have encountered in another. 



No comments:

Post a Comment