Monday 9 January 2017

Further Concept Work






As I got further into the 2D development of my two characters, I began to feel disheartened. This was because, on the one hand I felt extremely happy with my design for the character Farah, but not with Toby. I began to feel the design for Toby wasn't as good as it could be. However something I needed to remember was that these two characters are not supposed to be compatible with one another. Due to the stage i was at in the project, I was unable to go ahead and design a new version of Toby because I needed to get going with animating.

How I dealt with this?

I knew that as part of my outcome for the practical artefact, it would be necessary to analyse the success of both characters and state any changes that would need to be made if I were to use these characters again. So I held onto my dislike for this character as a way of allowing me to know where improvements would need to be made in the future.


As a result of my decreasing interest in the character of Toby, I ended up spending more time on the Turnaround for Farah. However I decided this was wiser than spending more time than necessary on Toby, because I knew he wouldn't end up in my showreel. So I decided to only produce the necessary work required for Toby that would enable it to influence my final chapter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment