Wednesday 12 October 2016

Reaching Out to People

I knew I needed to get into contact with people to hear their viewpoints on my chosen topic, and to see what they had to say on the matter of 2D  and 3D, and how it effects the appeal and therefore the audience's connection with the character. After trying to word a number of emails that weren't so long that they would bore the recipient to death! I then sent them out hopefully and awaited the replies.


Jon Turner & Emma Reynolds

 I emails Jon Turner, from Kilogramme who I had actually met a few months back on a studio visit, as well as Emma Reynolds, a freelance animation art worker and Illustrator who also works with Kilogramme. They both got back to me very quickly and provided a lot of useful feedback, all of which I know will be very useful to use as primary research.

It was actually really interesting being able to gather different viewpoints from people who work in the industry, especially since Kilogramme works with both 2D and 3D animation. Also, some of the feedback I received was new to me, so not only was this useful to take on as evidence of primary research, but it also just helped to fuel my own knowledge of the topic even more!

The Brothers McLeod 

After purchasing my ticket for their talk on Character Aesthetics in York, and researching their work and realising how cool the stuff they produce is, I got overly excited and actually decided to email them ahead of seeing them, to ask if they would be up for grabbing a coffee after their talk. I did this because I would love to also get some feedback from them on the topic I'm researching. Not only will I be able to gather some really useful information during their talk, but I will hopefully get the chance to ask them some direct questions later on, as well as getting some feedback on my design work so far!

Luckily Greg got back to me almost straight away and said they would always be up for grabbing a coffee, so as I'm sure you can imagine, I danced around for a number of seconds.

I'm really looking forward to Aesthetica, because I know I will be able to gather some really useful research and get feedback at the same time.

Fettle

I was aware that Fettle Animation Studio focuses on 2D, so I thought it would be interesting to hear their views on the matter. After sending a courtesy email to double check that they had the time to spare before bombarding them with all the information, they got back to me quickly and asked me to send them more information. So I'm still hopefully awaiting for them to get back to me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment