Monday 17 October 2016

Time Management and Project Planning

In terms of time management, I have realised over the past couple of years that the best way for me to plan my day to day work is to use post-it notes. As somebody who prefers to visually see and establish what my goals are for the day, I find it much easer to make a to do list the night before, stick it in my notebook, and thenI can rip it out when done. (Also, it saves me A LOT of space in my book)
I don't know why I like to work in this way, I just do.

I have also noticed as this module has progressed, doing this allows me to keep note of things such as books, points to research which I can have at the front of my notebook for reference.

A few people have wondered how I manage to work this way, to be honest it works for me, because it's a great visual way of keeping track of things and then being able to discard of them.





I have also dedicated part of my bedroom to the COP timetable that was provided for us, as well as creating my own weekly plan to ensure I stay on track with all areas of the course.




This was once again, really useful for me because I am now able to see exactly how much time each week I should be using for each module. This really helped me to put everything into perspective.










Project Planning 

At this stage, I have done quite a lot of research, both primary and secondary. Although this is still no where near finished, I have become setting time aside for my practical. This is also because, I need to be able to write about the feedback received for the practical, as well as using this to assist my design process for creating a final character. I also need to consider setting enough time aside for actually creating the test animations, as well as rendering time.

At this point I have decided to be well underway with design work this week (the week commencing the 17th October) and to be ready to begin test animations by around the 31st. However, since my research is going to have an impact on my practical side, I am currently keeping an open mind to the possibility that the design work may take an unexpected turn and therefore take longer. Therefore we shall have to wait and see how my development work goes and where my research will take me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment