Thursday 12 March 2015

Designing

For this villain I wanted her to look feminine and attractive but intimidating at the same time. I have added certain features such as the small waist and large rounded hips, as well as the slit up the dress because it does in some ways make her seem sexually appealing, which is a trait given to a lot of female characters in animation, good and bad.



I have chosen to give her this head piece because I think it makes her look significantly more intimidating. It also makes her look like she's ready for anything..

The head piece was influenced by Maleficent, because the horns on Maleficent's head is what makes her individual and what makes her scary, so I wanted to give something to this character that makes her different to other Villains.



















When designing this good character I knew that I wanted her to be attractive but in a more subtle way than the villain. I didn't want her to be as voluptuous. I kept her frame quite petite and put a lot more emphasis on her clothing and facial features, because this is often a high contributor when it comes to making female characters appealing.
 I gave her particularly larger eyes because after my research I realised how often the facial features of female characters are either exaggerated or toned down in order to make them look more attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment