Thursday 12 March 2015

Villain experimentation

 I wanted to experiment withdrawing face shapes and eyes for my evil character. I have always enjoyed drawing darker characters so this was particularly enjoyable for me. Again, a lot of the face shapes I have drawn have been inspired by some specific examples, such as Cruella De Ville and Maudeline Everglot.

I think a lot of the characterisation is placed in the eyes, so I wanted to have a play around with drawing some different examples. However I still want her to look feminine and have an element of attractiveness to her, even though she will be evil.

I knew that I would want this villain to be physically attractive at the same time as being "bad". I want to go for the kind of body shape which emphasises certain bodily aspects such as the breast and hips, which will make her appealing. However I want her to look like she is not completely human, so I will probably emphasise certain areas such as muscles and enhance the rib cage which could make her seem slightly more alien like, which is what I would want.


No comments:

Post a Comment