Wednesday 27 April 2016

Shape experimentation

Once I had a rough idea of how I wanted these tow characters to look, I decided to sketch some different shaped bodies, in order to get an idea of what would work and what wouldn't. I settled on the body shape for the manager character quite early on, because I knew he was going to be very tall and long with broad angular shoulders, however the body shape for the Chef still seemed to be a bit of a mystery to I got cracking with some outlines. 




The female character would have an apron covering the majority of her legs at the front, which meant that the shape of this apron was important, because it would influence the shape of her lower body. Also, I decided that her shoulders would be quite narrow, in contrast with the manger, but they would not be completely round. After sketching these shapes out I realised that I preferred her shoulders to be slightly angular. Because firstly, her uniform would naturally do this, but also it would suggest that as a character, she is not completely useless and is actually a very capable individual. 

I decided to go with the second example I drew, because I didn't want the apron to be too prominent, because this would replicate a dress like shape, and this is not what I wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment