Wednesday 27 April 2016

COP2 - Proposal

For the visual response to my essay, I decided that it would be really useful to take this opportunity to develop my portfolio for the area I am hoping to work in. The title of my essay, "How does character design effect the delivery of an animated narrative?" sparks up lots of potential ideas in the area of concept design.

This part of the module is very broad, and after developing my essay I had a much better idea of the kind of idea I wanted to go with. My essay covers many topics in the area of character design, development and appeal, and the way in which these factors can effect the way a viewer receives the story as well as develops a connection with the characters. 

Initial Idea

very early on I decided that I wanted to design at least 2 contrasting characters, however they must be compatible together. One of the factors that will allow this to be possible, is making it clear that both characters would potentially be from the same narrative. 

As well as having character designs and development work leading up to them, I will also be producing a walk cycle  for each, and I will show the characters at a full 360 angle, give a good representation of how they would move. I have decided to go down this route because I need to improve my ability to produce walk cycles, because as somebody who wants to work in the area of character and concept design, this is something vital I will need to demonstrate, as well as the ability to draw my designs from all angles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment